Sunday, August 15, 2010

Random caching around the valley

Tuesday, 10 August 2010



I got a few caches today, first was DR PEPPER, a new cache goblincamper2004 hid last night, it is in the same place as BYU BLUE was, another of their caches. They have by far hidden the most around Mapleton and Springville for me to find and I'm thankful for that!

Another find was Girly Girl, a cache hidden in someone's front yard in the sprinkler box, that is actually a pretty common hiding method around here but this one was different, normally it is just in the box, this one had fake wiring and sprinkler equipment in there that I had to pull out to find the cache hidden below, that was a lot of extra work.







I found At the Park, it was as the name implies... at a park. It had a great overlooking view of American Fork and Highland. A nice cache, and I enjoyed sitting there for a few minutes just taking in the view of my valley.




I found a little cache called Over the Wall from Wallmart, I had meant to find it before but it seemed to be missing (based on logs of people not finding it) so I never bothered to look. It is a simple micro in an evergreen tree, boring to many but I enjoy all kinds of caches.



I finally found Dry Creek Trail Head, I had been wanting to for a few years because I knew what it was going to be and I really like that kind of cache, often mountain tops and trail heads will have a register for people to sign in on, sometimes people will use that log book as the log book for a geocache, so it is not necesasary to actually hide a container, rather just use the book and box it's in. I have "hidden" a few like that myself.



I also finally found Lame Jokes, I have been there many times and for some reason just could not spot it, it wasn't that hard of a hide, a fake sprinkler in the lawn of a park but sometimes they just elude me.



Tiff's cache was another quick one, just a micro in the post of a stop sign.

I also saw some fun animals today, wildlife (deer, turkeys...) and some camels in a corral too.







No comments:

Post a Comment