Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Dork in Diamond Fork

Thursday, 05 August 2010

Dick and I decided to go up Diamond Fork Canyon again, I was wanted to hide a geocache at the site of the Diamond Battle of 1866, I really like putting geocaches at historic places.

We stopped at Castilla Hot Springs and looked around at the ruins of the old resort there, not a lot left. While we were parked there Chris happened to be driving by and stopped, it was pretty random seeing him, and there of all places... but I love when I randomly see friends in odd places.



Chris and Dick and I went up Diamond Fork together, we found Yellow Ribbon #6 and then went up Little Diamond to the battle site, which was the original goal for the night.



From there we decided to continue up the road, it went up to the top of a little mountain, about 7,920 feet above sea level, a mountain that I have wanted to go check out for most of my life, I can remember looking at the maps and seeing the winding, switch-backing road going up to the top, passing several mines, we saw a big mine but it was getting to be too dark for any good pictures. We hid a few caches up top and headed back down the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment